Data tags

antonf26

I've been using data tags to label my planting plans which I love as a feature since it makes labeling much faster. But most of the time I use the data tags the quantity shows up with decimal points. Since I'm working with plants I don't need decimal points and it looks odd. I've attached a photo about what I mean. Is there a way to fix this?

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 10.18.27.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @antonf26,

It is a known bug, unfortunately.

However, there is a patch for you to use that will fix your drawing.

Please download the appropriate zip for your OS, and the file ‘Help Scripts.vwx’ from here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aC6XT2nePxrfNFYWLoIBjsvVvrT6w85B?usp=sharing

Then unzip and replace the file from your Vectorworks 2020 installation with the file from the zip.

The file ‘Help Scripts.vwx’ contains two help scripts that you must run inside your VWX files to fix them.

The best way to do that, is to import the entire ‘Tools’ folder into your VWX file.

Run the script ‘Adjust Plant Record’ which will fix the issue. And then you can run ‘Reset for Plant Record’ to reset all appropriate objects to pick up the change from the first script. Note, this operation might be slow, if you have another way to resetting, or you want to do it manually, you can skip the second script and just do it manually.

Let me know if you have issues with this.

• Like 1