fixture requests

fuberator

Question

There are separate fixture request forms for vision and spotlight, which is confusing. I am unsure if this means one should make two requests for the same fixture, or if one of the forms results in a fixture compatible with both spotlight and vision. In the case of MVR/ESC (and ultimately GTDF) the fixture is not usable without the fixture mode metadata.

I wish the there was only one form and or that spotlight fixtures requested would be compatible with vision as a standard.

thank you

Edited by fuberator
  • Like 2

4 answers to this question

The difference in what you get from each of the request forms is not self evident -especially if you have purchased both VW and vision thinking that they are closely connected.

For me there is no point of fixture that only exists in vision and cant be positioned and configured in spotlight. I realise now that its someting you guys aqquired and are integrating. Plus mvr and gtdf happening.

In the meantime how do I proceed in order to use this service in my VW/Vision pipeline. Do I just fill out both forms?

I appreciate your work and time

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Keep in mind that if you need a fixture for both Vectorworks and Vision you will still need to put in a request for each software type. There is a person that makes the Vision version with the WKM and LIT files to make it work with Vision and there is a different person that makes the VW Spotlight version with all of the necessary records. The two people try to stay in sync if possible but often get out of sync so if you do need both make sure to file two requests.