Title Block - Auto Scale

LauraCB

Question

Hi there,

We have tried out the auto scale function in the title blocks in the office but every time we open up the file the scale is replace by the text 'manual entry'. The paper size then states the scale instead of the unlinked text that was there before. We have to go through each sheet, open up sheet data from the OIP and click refresh which solves the issue. This is more work than just manually inputting the scales.

Is this a known error? Or perhaps a glitch when the file updated from 2019 to 2020? Need to find a solution otherwise we will revert back to manual text for this box.

Screen shot attached below

Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 15.33.35.png

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @LauraCB,

Okay, I think you are not very familiar with the new TBB and its workflow.

To begin with, custom records are no longer used. Text objects in the TBB are linked only to predefined TBB records that are editable only from the TBB dialogs (Manager, Settings), so the record you are editing in the resource manager is not connected to the TBB in any way.

Now about the Sheet Size, you have this field hidden (its Display property is set to false) so it is not showing in your TBB dialogs. In order to see it, you have to edit the style (if the TBB has a style, otherwise edit the TBB itself) open Manage Sheet Data dialog and make sure that the Display column is checked for this field. Then you will see the field in the TBB dialogs and you will be able to edit it. Editing Sheet Data from the Manage Sheet Data dialog is only editing the default values of the fields and not the values that are currently being used.

Finally, the Scale field, if you are able to reproduce this with a file and steps or capture it on a screen recording I will be able to investigate what is going wrong. Otherwise, as I am not reproducing it, I do not know what might be the cause.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 2

That definitely sounds like the case - we have just upgraded in the office to 2020 but were previously on 2017 so quite a few things to adjust to.

Thank you very much for your pointers - I will have a look at these and reset the TBB to be current. Hopefully that will sort the scale field in doing so and if not I will try again to capture it on a screen recording.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1