Scale unit

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @marioqi,

When using the Update Scale button you will always get metric units, as this is getting the Paper Scale value. If you want to have imperial scale units you will have to manually write them. You could make a wish about that and we will consider it.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 9 months later...

Hello @Nikolay Zhelyazkov ,

Just try it out. New scale works great . Even with mutiply scales on one sheet layer, there is text box which can set default scale, that is handy. Thank you for working on that and paied attention to details. 

In addtion to that, if I could ask, it would be great to have an option to break lines on FILE NAME field in title block. I love its created directly based of file name, but the string was so long and over the title block border. See attached pics. 

I did find a way to work around it, but definetely not idea. May be a button to fetch the string and user can manaully break line based on needs?

Thank you.

Jiajing Qi

Screenshot 2020-09-18 132747.jpg

Edited by Jiajing

Hello @Jiajing,

On 9/18/2020 at 8:35 PM, Jiajing said:

In addtion to that, if I could ask, it would be great to have an option to break lines on FILE NAME field in title block. I love its created directly based of file name, but the string was so long and over the title block border. See attached pics. 

- Have you tried editing the text field in the Title Block Layout and presetting its width (making it wrap text) ? That way, the field will not get longer than the set width and will automatically split the file name in multiple lines, using spaces as separators.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

8 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @Jiajing,

- Have you tried editing the text field in the Title Block Layout and presetting its width (making it wrap text) ? That way, the field will not get longer than the set width and will automatically split the file name in multiple lines, using spaces as separators.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

That is exactly what I did. 

Just curious if we can do that in title block manager. if we can make that string editable in title block manager, that will would super.

Those are all small changes, but very helpful. Great team.

Kind Regards.

Jiajing QI

Edited by Jiajing
On 9/21/2020 at 5:47 PM, Jiajing said:

Just curious if we can do that in title block manager. if we can make that string editable in title block manager, that will would super.

- Currently this is not possible, could you add a wishlist item for that in the wishlist thread?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2020 at 2:15 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @Jiajing,

In VW 2021 if you have a viewport with Drawing label that has architectural scale displayed and you are in imperial units, clicking on the Update Scale button in the Title Block will get you the same scale display as in the Drawing Label.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Circle back to UPDATE  SCALE on title block , would it be possible to have it look at a specific viewport. The reason I ask is because normally I have mutiple viewpoints on one sheet (The Key / The notes) . It would be great that VWX has a popup with all viewports on that sheetlayer, then I select the a viewport from the popup, the scale of that selected viewport becomes the scale showing on title block. In that way, it is more flexiable and also faster to update scale. 

Edited by Jiajing
On 5/6/2022 at 12:47 AM, Jiajing said:

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Circle back to UPDATE  SCALE on title block , would it be possible to have it look at a specific viewport. The reason I ask is because normally I have mutiple viewpoints on one sheet (The Key / The notes) . It would be great that VWX has a popup with all viewports on that sheetlayer, then I select the a viewport from the popup, the scale of that selected viewport becomes the scale showing on title block. In that way, it is more flexiable and also faster to update scale. 

Hello @Jiajing,

Thanks for the feedback, we will consider this. The reason why we do not have this currently is because you can Update Scale from TBManager for multiple TBBs at this same time and in this case you would have to choose from which viewport to update it multiple times, which might be quite annoying. Will it be enough for you to have this as an option when doing Update Scale from TBB Settings dialog only?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

On 5/9/2022 at 2:34 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @Jiajing,

Thanks for the feedback, we will consider this. The reason why we do not have this currently is because you can Update Scale from TBManager for multiple TBBs at this same time and in this case you would have to choose from which viewport to update it multiple times, which might be quite annoying. Will it be enough for you to have this as an option when doing Update Scale from TBB Settings dialog only?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I understand your concern. As an option definitly helps.

Inspired by data tages, what if we change UPDATE SHEET to 'LINKED VIEWPORT SCALE', just as what we have on REFERENCE MARKER, It is a popup, but it shows scales of each  viewports on SELECTED SHEET from TBManager.

The EDIT TEXTBOX stays as it is in case we need to note scale as 'NOT TO SCALE'

Not sure if there is technical difficulty on this request, but it would defenitely save my clicks and brain.

image.png.f68edde8ef1fd07e58136d5d6a796050.png

On 5/10/2022 at 8:51 PM, Jiajing said:

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I understand your concern. As an option definitly helps.

Inspired by data tages, what if we change UPDATE SHEET to 'LINKED VIEWPORT SCALE', just as what we have on REFERENCE MARKER, It is a popup, but it shows scales of each  viewports on SELECTED SHEET from TBManager.

The EDIT TEXTBOX stays as it is in case we need to note scale as 'NOT TO SCALE'

Not sure if there is technical difficulty on this request, but it would defenitely save my clicks and brain.

image.png.f68edde8ef1fd07e58136d5d6a796050.png

Thanks for the feedback @Jiajing! I will add this to our wishlist database and it will be considered. 🙂

• Like 1