Site design - various problems

BGD

These are the problems I am facing in the attached file.

1.      Why slabs texture is not showing in 3D view?

2.      Wall-House class has attribute of fill opacity 0% and line opacity 100%. But this is not showing on the top plan view. Infact none of the house walls are showing on top plan view.

3.      Why one of the house wall is showing white in the 3D view, whereas brick for other one. [class attribute is brick for both]

4.      How to make default changes in Tag etc [length, angle]? i.e. when we create landscape area, hardscpae area... the default lenght of tag is very long, default text style is too big etc. How can I change this Tag default settings so that I dont have to manually change it everytime in Object info palette.

5.      Why hardscape texture (and area) is not showing on 3D view?

6.      Like in this drawing I have only drawn a portion of house walls. In this case, how can I draw roof that is just shown as half or broken roof as the drawing is focussing morTest 3.vwxe on garden area and not the house itself?

Thank you for all the help.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@BGD 

First let me just say that your name trips me out every time I get a notice. My initials are BDG!  🙂

Answers for above!

1) first turn off KLC Site plan it is covering the hardscape. Second, with the "Hardscape Decking Const" style edit the deck boards component and change the Texture from Class texture too Texture.

2)This is because you have the opacity to 0% change it to 100% and they will show. Or if you want some opacity change it there.

3)Select the site wall and in the Render tab in the OIP change where it says none in the texture picker to Class Texture

4)My suggestion is to learn Data Tags. These will allow you to set any graphic style you like.

5)I believe this is answered above.

6)Use Roof Face to create the desired short roof, and use fit walls to objects to fit the walls to the roof.

• Like 1