Fixed point resize an image? or not?

I have imported a scan of a plan and I want to scale it to match the plan that I have already drawn in Vectorworks.

What I want to do is:

1) align a point in both drawings

2) use the 'fixed point resize tool' to click on this point

3) click and drag another point on the scan to snap to a point on my drawing

I can 'fixed point resize' an empty rectangle, but can't do it to an image. Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any ideas on this, Nick

I have never tried that method. What I use is Tool>Scale Objects...

For example: If I import a survey. I use the tape measure and measure a known dimension on the survey, such as a boundary line. I then divide the scaled dimension by the stated dimension and use that percentage in the Scale Objects tool.

I may end up doing this twice. The first gets me close and the second fine-tunes the dimension.

Check the scale text box to keep the text at the same scale.

Thanks Kevin,

I'd found that way as well, I was just trying to avoid the measuring and the maths.

I'll fall back on what you suggest, it just seemed that the "fixed point resize" tool would be perfect for the job (except that it doesn't work..)

Thanks for the tip though, Nick

islandmon, thanks, but your going the wrong way. My drawing is fine, it's the scan that is at a random scale, and the scan that I want to resize.

Though, thanks for the input and guess I'm going to have to do it the (admittedly only slightly) more tedious way, cheers, Nick