Jim Smith

Updated & now sketch & Open GL don't work

Question

Just updated to the latest 2019 SP (6?) & now when I try and use OPEN GL with a foreground sketch style, it doesn't work...

I'll try a restart & see what is what in the morning

7 answers to this question

In this OPEN GL & Sketch no longer play nice in the same viewport. I checked the objects in the design layer, they do have Sketch selected in the Render tab of the OIP. I've used this setting many times & never had an issue, until now. 

Oh, & I checked a file that had the rendering option of Open GL with a Sketch hidden line that was created before the SP6 Update and it works as expected. 

As can be seen here:

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.30.44 (2).png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.41.52 (2).png

Edited by Jim Smith

To work-around I've had to stack a Hidden Line Sketch Viewport over an Open GL Viewport. I'm going to try a new file and see if this is still an issue... 

This is even more curious. Printing a PDF without another Viewport stacked overtop results in ALMOST the desired effect. The Sketch is Wireframe not Hidden Line 

Weird

Edited by Jim Smith

ahhhh! I am such a dolt! It just clicked, (pun intended) 

Background Setting: OPEN GL

Foreground Setting: Hidden Line

Foreground RENDER Setting: Open & check Hidden line render settings  "Sketch Hidden Line Results" 

🙄

You are talking to the guy who was trying to get decent sunny shadow views at 8 at night in November 🙂  

• Like 1