Problem with VW Cloud My Presentations and panorama

twaikin

Question

I am trying to create a tour in Vectorworks Cloud Services, using panoramas I generated locally.

The panorama files failed to upload under multiple tests.

If I drag and drop them, the file stays loading forever (see screenshot below).

2130201185_ScreenShot2019-12-10at16_02_00.thumb.jpg.9b230f73b79bfd47421369af87dd530b.jpg

If I load them into the library, this triangle hazard symbol appears. I uploaded locally generated panoramas and even re-uploaded panoramas from the sample package. Same result. Other non-panorama jpg uploads fine.

1631095506_ScreenShot2019-12-10at16_16_54.thumb.jpg.f83b610b4743eea9e2ebbd4233f198dc.jpg

All these panoramas upload and sync fine onto the home folder too. Just having trouble uploading them to a presentation.

Any idea?

Edited by twaikin

8 answers to this question

Glad to hear others are also trying to use this. 

I found out subsequently that there are many other free virtual tour apps out there. This video might help with your presentations.

Of course, I do hope VW further develops in-house VR capability in the future. It is still a bit buggy on a VR headset, but that's for another thread.

So it seems to be a MAC/PC issue. I just logged into my account on a colleagues machine (PC) and everything worked perfectly - no issues with the already-uploaded images - and I was able to create the virtual tour without issues.

So far I have tested creating the tour in Chrome and Safari on MAC...will have to test FireFox now to see if that makes a difference.

J

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello everyone,

There was a problem with uploading panorama images to presentations. We have fixed it a few days ago and now everything should be back to normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova