Stop the "Constraint Not Valid" Madness

Tom Klaber

Question

I have no idea where all these constraints are coming from, but we are getting bombarded with Constraint Not Valid alerts.  The biggest problem is that if we group something - which somehow makes a bunch of constraints not valid - you are given an alert to each one.  There is no other answer than OK - you can not even cancel the command - so you are invaliding these suckers no matter what.  And since each warning does nothing to tell you what constraint is invalid - there is NO point in telling me this 13 times in a row.  Just do the opperation and have one warning that X number of constraints are not valid....

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

Thanks for posting.  I get the Constraint Not Valid alerts occasionally when grouping (though never multiples), get annoyed, click ok, and never took the time to find out what this even means. 

Does anyone have a clue what the "Constraints Not Valid" alert is while grouping, why it pops up (once or more), and what to do about it?