Viewport Crop Class

I used to like to set up my viewport crops into a class so I could easily turn them on and off.

Am I crazy, or was it once possible to turn the viewport crops on and off just by turning their class on and off while working in that sheet layer? Now, I'm noticing I have to turn the class on in the Viewport itself.

Ethan

VW 11.5

Yep, there was a protocol change from 11 to 11.5

Now the Viewport settings rule, rather than the Class Visiblities settings. At least as far as being able to *see* the Class in question.

If you want to actually select an object in a class, BOTH visibilities must be turned on.

Good luck,

The problem in 11.0.0 and 11.0.1 is that both the overall document class visibility and the viewport visibility had to be set to at least the same in order to see objects.

For example, if an object in a viewport belonged to class 123, that class had to be visible in the viewport AND the document class list.

With 11.5 and later, the only the class list for the viewport has to be visible. It doesn't matter what the overall document class visiblity is for the exception of the class the actual viewport belongs to.

Originally posted by Ethan:

> I used to like to set up my viewport crops into a class so I could easily turn them on and off. >

Have you seen the script below, from Vector Depot?

{Patrick B. McConnell}

PROCEDURE toggle;

PROCEDURE doit(h : handle);

VAR

hVport : HANDLE;

BEGIN

hVport := GetVPCropObject(h);

IF GetLS(hVport) = 0 THEN SetLS(hVport, 2);

IF GetLW(hVPort) <> 0 THEN BEGIN

{alrtDialog('Not zero');}

SetLW(hVport, 0);

END

ELSE BEGIN

{ alrtDialog('Zero');}

SetLW(hVport, 12);

END;

END;

BEGIN

ForEachObject(doit,((SEL=True) AND (T=122)));

END;

RUN(toggle);

What does it do?

I'm also finding it very time-consuming to turn labels on and off in Spotlight for printing, since I now have to click on EVERY SINGLE viewport in all 3 of my plates to turn purposes and color information on and off before printing.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

The problem in 11.0.0 and 11.0.1 is that both the overall document class visibility and the viewport visibility had to be set to at least the same in order to see objects.

I don't understand why that's a problem.

Originally posted by Ethan:

> What does it do? <

It toggles the visibility of the crop border of selected VPs.

> I'm also finding it very time-consuming to turn labels on and off in Spotlight for printing, since I now have to click on EVERY SINGLE viewport in all 3 of my plates <

You would really appreicate the ViewPort Pack @ www.panmzercad.com. It includes a View Manager that lets you do all of this for all of your Saved Views and ViewPorts from one window.