tristanwel21

Class export to new projects

Question

Hi All

What is the easiest way to transfer self made classes from one project to a new project?. Would I need to make a database of preferred classes?. If so what is the process? Or is there a an area in Vectorworks where they are automatically stored?.

Regards Tristan

6 answers to this question

Open a new blank file. and get to the Create Class dialog. Instead of naming your new class, click Import Classes. Select the file which contains your classes and then import them into your new document.

If you want to use the same classes regularly, use File > Save as Template with the new file. You can then create new projects from this blank file that contains all your classes.

• Like 1

I made have a script somewhere that makes text objects of class names with  attributes all set "by class". Happy to dig up and post if you want.

Then I've grouped them together in symbols. Pulling any of these symbols out of the library bring all the classes in fully configured.

Put them into the nonprint are of a layer somewhere and then the classes can't be purged until you delete the symbols off the layer late job.

• Like 1

@Gerard JonkerWhat a great tool. Thank you very much for sharing!

I see though there is some text overlapping...for some reason not only class name but also hatch name is shown...but covering class name...?

Thank again!

Snímka obrazovky 2019-12-09 o 13.27.30.png

Snímka obrazovky 2019-12-09 o 13.27.43.png

I like this plugin Gerard. Nice and simple!

21 hours ago, Matt Overton said:

I made have a script somewhere that makes text objects of class names with  attributes all set "by class". Happy to dig up and post if you want

I'd be interested in this @Matt Overton!

Thanks.