object colour in attributes and textures

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to do something that I'm not sure is possible. I'm assigning a colour in the attributes of a symbol to help identify it's type for building drawing purpose. But I would also like to use those symbols in a presentation with, let's say, an aluminium texture, not showing the colour peviously selected. Is it possible to have this in the symbol's values, so I can have it look different in for instance openGL en final quality renderworks??

thanks for any help,

Peter

Hi Peter

You can have both a distinct color as a fill (for 2d views) , and also a aluminum texture used for 3d views. 

Otherwise the datavisibility functions is great if you need to show different attributes in a viewport. 

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FViews%2FApplying_a_data_visualization.htm%23XREF_53064_Applying_multiple&rhsearch=datavisibility tool

Hi Hans Olav,

thanks for the reply. So it's not possible to put the two different view options in a symbol? Because the build plans are also in 3D (top just 2D topview). I've attached a piece of truss in the colour I want it. So with data visibilities you could change how it looks in a viewport, that might be an option then. Is that new for 2020, or is it also possible in 2019?

test truss.vwx