Wall Replacement

shorter

Question

Would anyone else find it useful to have an option to save as a default the options when repalcing one wall with another?

We work with a number of practices to whom the brick dimension is sacrosanct.

To have the walls do anything other than replace left side to left side, i.e. outside to outside, is unthinkable!

Current default is ALWAYS centre to centre.  This is only good for internal walls or walls where you have made no dimensional change.  Would be good if the Wall were 'smarter' in this respect.

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

On 12/4/2019 at 7:16 AM, shorter said:

Current default is ALWAYS centre to centre.  This is only good for internal walls or walls where you have made no dimensional change.  Would be good if the Wall were 'smarter' in this respect.

I may not understand your request properly. I change walls all the time & I'm able to select what side the replacement wall is based on the selected wall. 

@Jim Smith The request is to be able to set the default insertion mode.  VW defaults to aligning to center after each wall change, requiring me to remember to change the insertion side every time.  I'd like to be able to change this default behavior (to left side of wall core in my case) and then select other alignments on as needed basis.