Moving from Mac to PC with Vectorworks

Hello All

Greetings from the sunny seaside town of Broadstairs inn the UK. 

Just wanted to see if any of you have or are considering moving from Mac to PC. I've been using VW since 2008 and always on a MAC. I'm moving over to PC for a variety of reasons (mostly rendering with GPU in cinema 4d) and am embarking on the first few projects in Vectorworks on PC. On the whole i'm loving it. My PC moves through redrawing and rendering at lightning speeds and apart from a few keys in different places its almost no learning curve so far. 

My question is more of a Windows question. When plotting the printer dialog on windows offers up less options that the Mac OSX printer dialog. Have any of you some tips on accessing the printer options (such as universal direction, Resolution, print quality (line work) etc). I am plotting to a Canon IPF 605 A1 plotter and printing the PDF's rather than direct from VW. I have installed the latest drivers from Canon. 

I am using the web browser to handle my PDF printing which i'm sure is far from ideal. Again any apps that might be better suited (is there a Mac 'Preview' equivalent for PC?)

Thank you all! 

J

Better quality printing or publish/printing direct from VW and more control of page layout. Although there have been issues with publish/printing when page sizes are different, possibly specific to particular output devices.

Acrobat and web browsers frequently hide or ignore what appear to be system default printer settings and will scale originals to fit pages. The latter can be a blessing for originals that are larger than the sheet sizes available but its a nuisance when it scales down an original that matches the output paper size, especially when it fails to handle portrait to landscape differences.

Unexpectedly printing in colour. Printing subsequent pages of multi-page documents based upon first page in set. 

• Like 1