Editing existing Section

I have resently started editing the plans from an already existing project. It seams to be like the plans were all basically done in the layout layers. 

As I work on the sections and elevations I edit them in the viewports from their respecting layouts, sometimes by design layer but most of the times over them, where everything seams to have been finished. I have changed the 3D but the sections and elevations appear the same in the viewport, and the problem is that these lines and objects I cannot select to edit them.

Is there a way I can see where these objects are so I can edit them?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Lorena Lodeiros

Guest Wes Gardner

@Lorena Lodeiros, without seeing the file, my guess is that some of the geometry was created on design layers (as it should be) and then maybe some "embellishment"  was added to the viewport in Annotation space.  If this is the case, select a viewport and then right-click and in the contextual menu, select Edit Annotations.  This should get you into the annotation space of the viewport where you should be able to edit the geometry that's drawn there.

Wes