Viewport Class / Layer visibilities - Presets

Andrew Davies

Question

Hello

This is one I have often thought of but never posted.  I hoped Tags would do the job, but they don't.

I have several viewports in the same file.  Many of them, should have the exact same viewport layer / class visibilities.

I'd like to have a preset that can applied to the viewport.  Ie - the present defines all the visibilities and changes to the preset, propagates through all the viewports.  Similar to Renderworks Styles.

I realise this could add a layer of complication - but certainly on the project I am doing now I would find it very beneficial.

Tags sort of help - but as soon as a new class / layer is added, I have to work back through each viewport.

I could see this new functionality being added to the visibilities view of the Organisational pane.

Thoughts?

Andrew 

2 answers to this question

I use the eyedropper tool for this task.  You can save a preset for the eyedropper, and then just go through the viewports after selecting the class/layer/rendering style etc settings of the viewport to be mimicked.  I guess one could even have a "dummy" viewport off to the side somewhere with all of the settings you wanted, and keep that as a sort of template.

That's a great tip Grant - thank you

Particularly for what I am doing at the moment (unrelated to my wish list request).  12 viewports showing the project at different stages.  Using the eyedropper tool to set layers / classes between viewports has really helped - thanks!

Would still like the Wishlist suggestion though!

Thanks again

Andrew