How can I change line weight rounding style?

Tanukipoko

Question

Hi, here is my problem: I wanted to set my own line weight list in vw so I went to Tools>Options>Line Thickness and try to change my line weight units into points. However, when I change the numbers in decimal and save, I found all the numbers were thransformed into fraction. And they are not exactly  same as the value as the decimal number I inputted. So, how do I change the rounding style for point units in line thickness? I wish I could use decimal for points. Thank you!

Best, 

Yifan

3 answers to this question

You are never going to be able to display a lineweight smaller than a single pixel on your screen or the resolution of your printer. With maximum printer resolution of approximate 1200 dpi and a screen resolution of approximately 200 dpi, there is a limit to what you can show.

Since the definition of Point is 72 to the inch, on screen anything less than about 1/3 point will not display with a visible difference on screen. Any setting between about 1/3 and 2/3 of a point will display the same as 2 screen pixels.

For print purposes anything smaller than about 1/16 of a point will have to print as a single dot width. Anything between 1/8 and 1/16 will display as two printed points wide, etc.

While it might be nice to have defined points, you are probably better off using MM or Inches for the line weights if you want more control, but the display /printing will still have the limits described above.

• Like 1