Disappearing Plants

Steve Riddle

Question

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Steve, no, unfortunately they're gone. The plants are associated to the landscape area through the Plant Style name (not the Botanical name). If you change the style name, you break 'the chain'.

Do you have a safety copy of the file since before you changed the name? If so, open that version as well, remove the landscape areas from the newer file, copy the old ones over and you'll have the landscape areas with the all the plants back. When you copy them over, you'll get the prompt 'A format named "Additional Plant Record" already exists in the current document. What do you want to do?' Tick the 'Replace the Format in the current document' and click ok.

The landscape areas are now back in their original form and if you're recalculating the schedules, they'll be back there as well.

The other way you can do the same thing (if the affected landscape areas all contain the same mixture) is to create a single landscape area with the correct mix, then select all the 'wrong' areas, and use the eyedropper tool to transfer it (the eyedropper tool has to have the 'Plug-in Parameters' selected). Recalculate the schedules.

Hi Katarina, Thanks for the help on this,

Slighty off topic, but this raises another issue I have with the landscape areas (and I guess other items with tags)

When I use the eyedropper tool with plugin parmeters selected, the tags I have painstakingly placed,  move location. 

So any time I need to make a change that involves multiple landscape areas, I also need to reposition the tags.

It would be good if the eyedropper tool had a check box where the plugin parameters could change but not the tag positions.

• Like 1