grant_PD

4k monitor pros/cons

thinking about an end of year purchase of 4k monitor for my windows machine.  Does VW tolerate a 4k monitor?  What are the pros and cons of making this move?  I have a gtx 1070 card, but might also upgrade that if need be.

On 11/25/2019 at 6:37 AM, grant_PD said:

thinking about an end of year purchase of 4k monitor for my windows machine.  Does VW tolerate a 4k monitor?  What are the pros and cons of making this move?  I have a gtx 1070 card, but might also upgrade that if need be.

Curious about this as well.

I have a 3K, 2000x3000, 13" screen on a Microsoft Surface Book. My eyes aren't great now, but the clarity is really good and makes up for the small screen. I'm amazed how well I can work on it - almost as easily as my 1.9K, 1200 x 1920 , 24" monitor. 

I'm guessing a 4K, 24" or larger monitor would be better than my current monitor.

Hoping someone with real world experience chimes in.

I ended up getting a wqhd (2k) screen, 32" for my main screen.  I was scared off of 4k by reports that the OS has trouble scaling with that resolution.  I love the resolution, VW is very crisp and clean and I don't need to zoom around so much.  My secondary monitor is my old 27" HD monitor, so the palettes are a little larger naturally, which helps out as well.  Very happy with my choice.