Extruding Nurbs Curves???

Hi all - I was feeling pretty clever after FINALLY tracing a series of Art Deco-ish waves using nurbs curves.

It was complicated, and I'm sure I did it "wrong," but I love the shape that resulted. (Can I display an image here??)

Problem is, I cannot figure out how to extrude this beautiful shape in order to pop it up in 3-D.  My usual

strategies have failed me: clip surface, combine surface, etc.  I tried converting to a 2-D polygon. Nothing has

worked.  Anyone know an "easy" solution? Or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks for any suggestions!

NURBSCURVES.JPG

Make sure they are composed together as one object using the compose command. Then convert them to a surface (3D powerpack)

Then use the push/pull tool or the shell tool to give the surface the thickness you require.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: posted simultaneously with Bas!!

Edited by markdd

The problem with NURBS in VW is that it needs surgery to come up to par with what other programs can do, and to get editing capabilities being similar to other features in VW, such as editing polylines in 2D. The underlying features are there in the library on which is based, so it's all about improving the user interface. Personally, I always import my NURBS objects from an external program. 

• Like 1