Jump to content
  • 0
drelARCH

VW 2020 SP2 - Surface Hatch projecting beyond Cut Plane

Question

Hi all,

 

Anybody else having issue with surface hatch of uppermost roof style component projecting in sections viewport beyond cut plane...?

I am having this issue in all files/projects with same set up.

See attachment.

 

 

Snímka obrazovky 2019-11-21 o 15.23.49.png

Snímka obrazovky 2019-11-21 o 15.24.56.png

Snímka obrazovky 2019-11-21 o 15.25.19.png

Snímka obrazovky 2019-11-21 o 15.52.11.png

Edited by drelARCH
added another screen shot

Share this post


Link to post

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Yes. This issue was caught just as 2020 SP2 was released.  The issue has been fixed for un upcoming release. I believe this update may come soon.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks Matt,

Pleeeease push it out very soon because in our office we are just finalising at least 6 projects that are largely hit by this.

 

Also add fix for clip cube stair glitch (upper and lower floor connection detail), mentioned here:

and here:

 

Surface hatch is priority, as I dont want to patch every single viewport in all of my projects to be able to publish it to clients with early deadlines. It is not some minor issue with small effect.

 

Thanks.

Pavol

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 hours ago, Boh said:

Related issue. Not sure if it is WAD or a bug. Objects don't appear beyond the section line when a sketch style is applied.

 

Looks like a bug. I tried a quick test and did not see the issue. Can you attached a file with the problem, or send it to me privately?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, drelARCH said:

Pleeeease push it out very soon because in our office we are just finalising at least 6 projects that are largely hit by this.

 

I'll do what I can to push it along quickly.

 

5 hours ago, drelARCH said:

Also add fix for clip cube stair glitch (upper and lower floor connection detail), mentioned here:

 

does the problem show if you copy the relevant objects into a new file?  If so, can you save it and attach it to the "VW 2020 - Stair graphical glitch in Clip cube mode" thread?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks a lot for all effort to fix this very quickly.

 

You can find file regarding clip cube issue on stair object attached to relevant thread.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, drelARCH said:

Thanks a lot for all effort to fix this very quickly.

You can find file regarding clip cube issue on stair object attached to relevant thread.

 

Thank you Pavol!

I have the file and will investigate.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 11/23/2019 at 2:49 AM, Matt Panzer said:
On 11/22/2019 at 11:58 AM, Boh said:

Related issue. Not sure if it is WAD or a bug. Objects don't appear beyond the section line when a sketch style is applied.

 

Looks like a bug. I tried a quick test and did not see the issue. Can you attached a file with the problem, or send it to me privately?

Hi Matt. Thanks for your offer to look into this. Attached is an example 2019 file.

This issue for isn't file specific however and actually it is not even version specific as the same thing has happened in previous versions. I have just downloaded vw2020 and it does seem to be working on that however we will not be rolling out 2020 across the office for some time...

 

I'm hoping it is just some preference setting. If you have any idea what it could be that would be much appreciated.

SLVP Sketch styles with Hidden Line Render.vwx

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
19 hours ago, Boh said:

Hi Matt. Thanks for your offer to look into this. Attached is an example 2019 file.

This issue for isn't file specific however and actually it is not even version specific as the same thing has happened in previous versions. I have just downloaded vw2020 and it does seem to be working on that however we will not be rolling out 2020 across the office for some time...

 

I'm hoping it is just some preference setting. If you have any idea what it could be that would be much appreciated.

SLVP Sketch styles with Hidden Line Render.vwx 18.24 MB · 1 download

 

Still cannot reproduce in 2019.  What's the exact Vectorworks version you're using?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 

4 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

What's the exact Vectorworks version you're using?

Here you go:

image.thumb.png.4abf7f6af3846d1edfd8f6d57ae1f98c.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
29 minutes ago, Boh said:

 

Here you go:

image.thumb.png.4abf7f6af3846d1edfd8f6d57ae1f98c.png

 

OK.  I still cannot reproduce it in your file.

However, I did notice the extents beyond cut plane was set to Finite and did not included the entire model. Increasing the extents or setting it to Infinite fixed the issue in your file for me.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks Matt. Doing the same on my machine didn't make any difference. I.e. making "Display extents beyond Cut Plane" infinite didn't make any difference.

 

I have however narrowed it down. It only works if I keep the viewport fill attributes of the Objects Beyond Cut Plane setting to "Use Original". I.e if I change this setting to use the fill attributes of the "none" class for example then the objects beyond the cut plane disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Boh, I still could not reproduce it... that is, until I switched Navigation Graphics away from "Best Performance". What is yours set to?  If it's not "Best Performance", can you try setting it to that?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yes good that works thanks Matt. I had it set to "Best Compatibility". I recall changing it from "Best Performance" but I can't recall why....

Good to figure it out finally. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
17 hours ago, drelARCH said:

things getting worse with vw 2020 ...😬

When can we expect correction???

 

All I can say is fairly soon.  We're currently testing a fix for this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@drelARCHhi, with the stairs showing through the slab turn off show top tread. That should fix that problem.

Also in the section advanced property don’t tick seperate structural and non structural, this may help.

 

Edited by AlanW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I have a similar problem but not exactly the same. The project I was working on has sections and elevations and both have annotations but it appears to be a reordering of sections because the elevations show cut walls and basically another section. sometimes in the other direction. It's like the sections were switched... I don't know if i'm making myself clear. Now I have to decipher this and fix annotations... It was easier just to redefine new sections. Just out of curiosity, I opened backups of the same project from months ago and when I update viewports, madness. Happens with sections and elevations.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, RafaelPernia said:

I have a similar problem but not exactly the same. The project I was working on has sections and elevations and both have annotations but it appears to be a reordering of sections because the elevations show cut walls and basically another section. sometimes in the other direction. It's like the sections were switched... I don't know if i'm making myself clear. Now I have to decipher this and fix annotations... It was easier just to redefine new sections. Just out of curiosity, I opened backups of the same project from months ago and when I update viewports, madness. Happens with sections and elevations.

 

What version of Vectorworks are you seeing this in?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
23 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

 

What version of Vectorworks are you seeing this in?

 

VW2020 sp2 with Catalina.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
13 minutes ago, RafaelPernia said:

VW2020 sp2 with Catalina.

 

I have seen issues like this in earlier versions but thought they were all resolved.

Can you send me a file privately so I can see what you're talking about?

I'd like to file a bug report with it and I'd also like to see if I can come up with a solution until the issue its fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I hope you can solve those problems quickly in WV2020 SP2. I  also faced attached problems.

When I made a section and adjusted with data visualization … ( hatches added to columns and slab items) see attached photo.

 

Then I exported to DWG, hatches done by data Visualizations are not exported.Even when I export it to PDF , Data visualization hatches are not seen …. !!

VW2020 section with data visualisation.JPG

exported DWG.JPG

export data visualiated section to PDF.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, ETUD said:

Then I exported to DWG, hatches done by data Visualizations are not exported.Even when I export it to PDF , Data visualization hatches are not seen …. !!

 

 

I looked into this and it is a known bug (VB-164404 BUG Data Visualization Export DWG).  All I can say is that it is a high priority bug.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...