Downloadable PDFs of VW Online Guides

E|FA

Question

http://blog.vectorworks.net/workflow-wednesday-3-guides-youll-wish-you-read-sooner

To the VW powers that be: any chance we can get access to these guides in a downloadable format?  PDFs would be great.   And if there are other guides available, it would be nice to have access to those as well.

If these are already publicly available , I'd appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

• Like 3

9 answers to this question

I agree - these should be available as PDFs. [I used the Print function (lower right hand corner of the page) to create my own PDF, but it's not ideal]. 

Personally, I really do not like the whole skeumorphic, flipping page usage. But if you must use the flipping page approach, please also provide a downloadable PDF option.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 2

@Jeremy Best Thanks.   I was planning on these for an upcoming flight without wifi.  In general, it seems reasonable to ask VW to save these guides in a downloadable format (and easier to find).  the Vectorworks University is a start.  More generally, see this thread, which you can vote up if you agree:

• Like 1

If it's any consolation, it's an old guide.  I was looking to see if there was any additional info on materials, but they're not included (see page 4 for types of resources).  The last page has a 2019 copyright.  Updating technical materials for major releases should be part of the game plan.

Yes I loathe this kind of online only stuff, especially FlipHTML5 and the likes, and prefer a "simple" PDF that I can use when offline. It may be easier for the publishers to update the contents but for users it is often a step backwards, especially if their internet connection has limited speed, bandwidth/download usage or are at a location where the internet connection is poor or non-existent.

Most publishing programs (InDesign, FrameMaker, QuarkXPress etc.) can publish into multiple formats so it shouldn't be that hard to provide a downloadable PDF (or ePub for those using digital book readers). Unless it is one of those online only content systems that can't do this, but then it is basically the wrong system to use in my (not so) humble opinion.