Title block border.sheet size name returning odd info

grant_PD

Question

I regularly print to 13x19 "super b" via adobe pdf.  I have the sheet size named 13x19 in my adobe sheet sizes.  But when I put the sheet size on my title block it returns '1'7"/11" ' instead of the name of the sheet size.  It does not do this for any other sheet size that is standard in vw.  I'm guessing there is an .xml file or something somewhere that it's pulling from.  Can someone help me fix this?

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @grant_PD,

You are right, there is an xml file with the standard VW units used in the TBB, but it is not recommended to edit it - "DwgSizes-Universal.xml".

The result you are getting is because if a Sheet Size is not found in these standard sizes, it is displayed with its dimensions in document units(width / height). If you switch to inches as document units you will get a Sheet Size Name "13 / 19".

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks for the info.  If I wanted to try editing that xml file, where would it be?

Alternately, is there a record function I can use that will give me what I want instead of the changing the document units?   ie. Instead of document size can I find the paper size name found in the print dialog?