Click or no click (Srsly?)

mjm

Question

5 answers to this question

What I see are objects selected on the drawing. (selected as defined by either white or blue squares on the relevant vertices). 

What I don't see are any of those selected objects selected in the OIP.

That makes it a problem to, well, everything.

Reboot?

does marquee select act differently?

l saw a similar selection glitch in v2020 SP1. Can’t reproduce now. I think I had 2 files open. Separate windows rather than tabs. Switching between them might have caused the problem. Anyway Save/Close/Reopen file, or Save/relaunch vwx, or system reboot solved it. I will try to track it better if it recurs. 

-B

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Reboot?

does marquee select act differently?

l saw a similar selection glitch in v2020 SP1. Can’t reproduce now. I think I had 2 files open. Separate windows rather than tabs. Switching between them might have caused the problem. Anyway Save/Close/Reopen file, or Save/relaunch vwx, or system reboot solved it. I will try to track it better if it recurs. 

-B

@Benson Shaw thanks Benson, yes, a reboot did clear the issue. However, that issue immediately followed there prior reboot, so—I don't understand. What I do understand is that it took a bit of careful looking to understand there was a problem (see Mr Stanford's reply above). I thought for a bit my clicking was off, or there was another problem I couldn't parse or…etc. 

Did I try all the selection tools available in the toolset? yes. Windows were tabbed.  The machine, brand spanking new. Specs attached. VWX 2019, SP Latest.

And of course all that time, not a stitch of work got done, blood pressure rose, on and on and on. Rant? yes.

Over for the moment.

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.53.35 AM.png

Edited by mjm
added a bit more detail

@mjm Just remembered something else about that no-select glitch. Maybe mine involved a name conflict (and several vwx files open). Might have been a saved view with same name as a design layer or a class? I thought it might be repeating an existing name when I made it, but for some reason the usual error message did not occur at time of creating the conflict name. Then the drawing went wonky, so I looked at the names.  Added a dash, or deleted a space between words in the saved view name.  Select tool resumed usual functions. 

Tried to force the problem in new v2020 files. No success, but these new ones are simple files with only a few objects, views, etc. 

Anyway another possible cause in the problem file.

Hope you sort this. 

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
Details