Issue with texture in 2020

scottmoore

I am finding an issue, at least on my MBP involving textures created using an image and having the color filter set to object fill. When using that particular parameter, textures render correctly in OpenGL but turn black in Renderworks. If I disable the filter by object fill parameter, the textures work just fine. 

To test I just tried this with a blank document, one piece of geometry and one texture. 

Neither restarting the application or the computer solved the issue.  

- create new “Renderworks” texture

- under “color” select “image”

- select an image file

- select “use object fill” under the “filter color” option

- set texture size as necessary. 

render in OpenGL? Just fine

render in Renderworks? Nope

very frustrating as I’ve created a ton of symbols with this very useful functionality which are now (pun intended) rendered useless. 

Edited by scottmoore
  • 3 weeks later...

I am running SP2 and am still having this issue  standard textures with the 'ATTR' suffix - e.g. 'perforated round offset attr RT' or 'Porcelain attr RT'. I had the problem with textures with the 'use object fill' setting but that seems to have been fixed.

• 2 months later...

I got the same, I edited a wall styles and suddently all my texture of wall disappeared...all white. When I look at wall texture style...everything is correct....but in open gl and rendering all is white....even wall like curtain wall I didn't edited.

Why I feel everyday being a beta tester since I got into vectorworks...from 2017.

So frustated

ProblemTexture.jpg

9 hours ago, C.Miguel said:

I got the same, I edited a wall styles and suddently all my texture of wall disappeared...all white. When I look at wall texture style...everything is correct....but in open gl and rendering all is white....even wall like curtain wall I didn't edited.

Why I feel everyday being a beta tester since I got into vectorworks...from 2017.

So frustated

ProblemTexture.jpg

Make sure you are on at least SP2.  Either SP1 or SP2 fixed most of these issues. I am still seeing the occasional oddity, but for the most part, this texture issue is resolved.

I have noticed changes to reflectivity setting in textures. I have some lacquer finishes that had a reflection percentage of 25% that now need to be dialed back to 5%-10% to look correct. Not necessarily a bad thing as that gives us more latitude with reflection settings, but it is definitely different. 

Agreed with your beta tester comment!