selecting site modifiers.

bc

This is pretty annoying.  Darn near impossible for me to select site model modifiers on a site model...even in wire frame. The model always takes priority.

What is the best way to select site modifiers on a site model?

Thank you.

bc

Edited by bc

We class our Site Model (Site-DTM-Main), then toggle that to grey when we need to manipulate other objects on the same layer as the site model. You are true that it is a pain that the Site Model takes precedence over any other object.

Edited by twk
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I recommend that you keep Site Modifiers on a separate layer, if not more than one separate layer. That means that you can easily control and select them, but also experiment with different design options. Within the Site Model Settings dialogue, if you set the Use Site Modifiers on option to Visible layers only (or there is also an option to choose specific layers that are able to update the model), you will find that you can apply different sets of modifiers to the site. It's also a great option for trouble-shooting.

Selecting site modifiers is a pain.

One simple thing to watch out for though - make sure you don't have the site model itself selected. If it's selected it's then impossible to select the site modifiers at all. This really confused me for some time. This behaviour is different to everywhere else in VW, where if one object is currently selected, it doesn't stop you from selecting something else instead.

• 1 month later...