Pink Square?

You were in the Screen Aligned Woking plane.

You can turn these off forever by changing the working plane properties in the interactive settings portion (interactive appearance button) of the Vectorworks preferences dialogue box. 

I wouldn’t advise this though as you will never be able to see your working planes, but you could reduce the colours to make the square less prominent.

It keeps reappearing. I don't want to have to keep switching planes to get it to hide. I don't want to buy a numeric keypad to get it to hide. I agree that turning it off completely is not good for the times I need to use the working plane. There needs to be a pref to turn it on and off, and that pref should go in the tool bar ribbon with the other prefs.

• 3 years later...
On 11/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, Bruce Kieffer said:

It keeps reappearing. I don't want to have to keep switching planes to get it to hide. I don't want to buy a numeric keypad to get it to hide. I agree that turning it off completely is not good for the times I need to use the working plane. There needs to be a pref to turn it on and off, and that pref should go in the tool bar ribbon with the other prefs.

HI Bruce, did you ever find out how to turn it off? It has just appeared for me while playing around with the path tool, now I can't get rid of it

3 hours ago, deadtomorrow said:

HI Bruce, did you ever find out how to turn it off? It has just appeared for me while playing around with the path tool, now I can't get rid of it

I don't notice it much or at all in Vectorworks 2024. When I did see it, I switched to top/plan and then back to the view I was in previously. That makes it go away. I will now consciously watch for it in 2024 and report back. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

I don't notice it much or at all in Vectorworks 2024. When I did see it, I switched to top/plan and then back to the view I was in previously. That makes it go away. I will now consciously watch for it in 2024 and report back. 

Thanks Bruce, I've played around with it more and I think it's something to do with 3D modelling as I noticed it goes in plan mode too. 

The pink square is the Working Plane indicator, which is irrelevant in Top/Plan mode it so doesn't appear there.  I don't know if there's a way to disable it in 3D views, but you could set the color to match the background so it doesn't show.  You can change its graphic properties in:

Vectorworks -> Preferences -> Interactive -> Interactive Appearance Settings... (button )-> General - Working Plane (in light and dark background tabs).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, E|FA said:

Vectorworks -> Preferences -> Interactive -> Interactive Appearance Settings... (button )-> General - Working Plane (in light and dark background tabs).

This does not return to the active Layer Plane, it only hides the pink square,- which may cause some strange things happen when working with 2D tools in a 3D environment, since you don't see that a working plane is active.

You can toggle Working Plane / Active layer plane in this way:

If not already active, You need to activate the working plane palette first,- Go to Menue: Window/Palettes/Working Planes. This will show you the working plane palette.

In this palette Double click on 'Active Layer Plane'.

This sets the working plane back to your Layer plane and the pink square disappears.

Edited by halfcoupler