Interior Elevation, external wall heights

RainCity

Question

Hi There,

I'm having some trouble generating the internal elevations which face my external walls.

As most of my internal walls meet the slab above at finished ceiling height they look good. However my external walls continue passed the slab as it hangs off them. See screenshot below for how the space works in elevation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3xuaiuvx3716li/Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 3.29.54 PM.png?dl=0

But when I turn off the slab layers the wall appears higher than is actually is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry4ukoyemc97lbj/Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 3.30.09 PM.png?dl=0

Any idea on how to get this to work correctly?

Cheers,

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There are two possible ways to deal with this:

1. Select the viewport, click the "Advanced Properties" button in the Object Info palette, and set the height extents to the desired height.

OR

2. Right-click on the viewport, choose "Edit Crop" and draw a rectangle (or other 2D shape) to the area you want to show.

• Like 1

Looks like a bug.

Would it be possible to send me (privately) a file that shows this issue?

While I would normally prefer adjusting the height extents (as you've done), you can use the crop method and display the crop (by selecting the viewport and selecting the "Show Crop" option in the Object Info palette). The crop will display using the crop object's attributes so it does have the advantage of giving it a different thickness , color, etc.

Hi @RainCity,

Thanks for sending me the file!

This problem is resolved in Vectorworks 2020.

I opened the file, deleted all annotations (except the Drawing Labels) and updated the viewports. Here's a screenshot of the one viewport (below).  All of the others also no longer have the odd vertical lines. I tested this in the initial 2020 release as well as an internal pre 2020 SP2 test version.

image.png

• Like 1