Vision Questions

Hi friend, 

i buy it Vision dongle a year a go  , but unfortunately  never help me  . any time is something  go wrong . So i decided today to write a post with attached file.

Questions :

1. Why do I have such a large light difference between a PixieBeam and a DTS Raptor? Why  i don't  see PixieBeams almost for nothing? The same is for DTS Katana.

2.Why Ayrton Magic panel  are they so dull? (attached screenshot Magic Panel  )

3. How can i get the same quality  ( see attached file "16_52_28" ) with Vision  [The same project from  Vectorworks]

Link Vision File : https://newlight.cloud/index.php/s/yMfPaXwD7MSma8B

Magic Panel.png

16_52_28.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Took a look at your file. Very cool!! I think the issue you are running into may be related to our content.

- The DTS Raptor has an appropriate candela value of 33,750,000. So, it appears accordingly "bright".

- However, the pixie beam is showing up as 6345 candela. Based on my calculations (11120 lux @ 3 meters), the candela value should be closer to 100080.

- Similarly, the DTS Katana is showing up as 10,000 candela. But, based on my calculations (9600 lumens @ 30 degrees), the candela value should be closer to 44840.

Good news is Vision's multiple selections are getting better and better with each passing year. If you simply select the Pixie Beam "Fixture Group" in the Scene Graph, updating one Pixie Beam candela value should update them all. Same applies to the DTS Katana.

(Note: I'll also ping @Mark Eli on this, as he would be able to determine if the content needs updated, and if so he can push out a content update that can be pulled down with the Vision Updater! This way, you won't have to make adjustments in Vision but things will just come over properly!)

The only issue I wasn't able to figure out was the magic panel. There are two parts in the backend for this fixture; the lenses that glow on the face of the fixture and the beam of light that it casts into the scene. It appears that this fixture has been broken going all the way back to Vision 2018 (which means it's likely been this way since Vision 4). Thank you very much for pointing this out and we will see if we can figure out what is going on!

Oh , Thank you @bbudzon , I'm going to settle around hoping to improve something .

One more  problem: I'm programming the show I've made available in the link above and, I notice that Robe Spiider (in Mode 3) don't work with GrandMA. I have the same project file (created with VW 2019) exported for 3 visualizers (Vision, Capture, Lightconverse *) in Other visualizer the fixture work in Vision no. The same patch the Same mode , The device on MA is one and it work with  real  Spiider Fixture

* Is not my intention to publicize other software . But  in this case i have all 3 software connected to MA and working with 3 Monitors UHD .

My apologize fro my poor english

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No worries! I'll have to defer to @Mark Eli on this one as he handles more of the fixture profile side of things. If he has trouble getting things to "sync up" with MA and he believes the profile/personality is correct on both sides, he can bug me and point me to a spot in the code where things may be breaking down 😉