Vectorworks 2020 will not run

Robert1104

Question

I recently downloaded Vectorworks 2020 education addition, specifically the windows 64 bit version. When I open the program it starts to load up fine and even opens the work space. The problem is that once it starts to "check activation" it immediately brings up a dialog box. It states"You are using an educational version of vectorworks" and "This version of vectorworks will cause documents it creates or modifies to become water marked". It doesn't matter if i hit the okay button, or the x at the top right corner, because no matter what the whole program briefly freezes (maybe 10 seconds), then exits out. I entered the correct verification code, and on the online site I have submitted proof that I am a student (a photo of my student ID). I did just make my account yesterday so could the problem be that I am not yet a verified student because they haven't processed my account? 

Thanks for the help,

Rob

3 answers to this question

• Administrator

@Robert1104 I just processed and approved your account. However, I'm not certain that will fix your issue. It could be a hardware issue, could you send me the DirectX Diagnostic (Win) or the system report (Mac)  file? 

or feel free to reach out directly to Tech@vectorworks.net with your serial#.

• Administrator

@Robert1104 unfortunately your machine hardware does not meet the minimum of the system requirements and that could be the reason this issue. Now, I would try to update the graphics drivers to see if you can load Vectorworks but even if you can do this, most likely it will be very slow. 

You can check the system requirements here: https://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq?version=2020