3d Rotate - reset

mjm

Question

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

There is the menu command Modify>Unrotate 3d Objects which you may not be aware of.....

Kevin

Yep, I was aware of that menu item, whole idea is to not to have to go to the menu. Of course as I went to the menu for that command. I learned that there is already a useful keystroke command which works perfectly well, yet, as I need to do this relatively infrequently, the keystroke does not stick mentally, and as I regularly look to the OIP for object properties, such as rotation, I'm hoping that the already existing button could be modified to unrotate. Deploying something like OPT-Click on the MacOS is already standard behavior.

• Like 1
On 11/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, mjm said:

Or — in addition to…

I'm not adverse. But to be more clear, I'd also like to see a rotation field for all 2D objects and groups as well, which effectively rotates the object's pane by some angle prior to being drawn, and thereby preserving it's local delta-x delta-y parametric dimensioning.  (i.e. I'd like to be able to group three squares in a horizontal line, rotate the group by 45degrees, and then double the delta-x dimension of the group, and end up with a diagonal line of 3 rotated rectangles being twice as wide as high; in effect treating the initial rectangular group boundary as a rectangular object which may be rotated and scaled just like a rectangle objects may be.)

Rotated-Group.png

And would really like to see object info be fully parameterized for all graphic objects, something like:

ObjectInfo.thumb.png.d587e2695ce2056e6a4a46ca52aed112.png

Edited by pschlie