Cut 3D Section Tool????

Well, here we go again....a tool that looks keen but doesn't work at all. I have never tried this tool until this weekend and I tried to section a very simple 3D object and get extra lines and wierd results. I tried a number of different ways and keep getting the same junk results. I can't even imagine trying to section a big model with this tool.

Any help out there?????????

tom in pa

WinXP, 11.5.0....

I also have a problem with viewport 3D sectioning - even on simple models. When sectioning, a wall with windows will suddenly triangulate (even if it does not touch the section line) and the triangulations will show in any render setting of the viewport (even with Smoothing Angle set to any value) in elevation and the walls shaded 'white'. I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem, though I would think many have if their buildings have windows!

Jim:

Smothing angle it's an option in "line render options", that helps removing the lines. The smothing angle refer to the angle between two planes that forms an edge, if the angle formed is inside the range specified by the smothing angle , then is removed by the hidden line rendering.

Sorry for my english.

RHF

[ 07-19-2005, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: RHF ]

I have been having the same problem as Patrick when cutting 3D sections. The triangulation of flat walls with windows and openings beyond the section cut makes cleaning up the sections quite labor intensive. I have also played with the smoothing angle settings under "line render options" to no avail. Does anyone have any tips on how to create a section showing what is beyond the cut without the triangulation in the walls?