Modify Convert Replace with symbol is not working

I'm trying to use

Modify > Convert > Replace with symbol

(I have about 70 circles I want to changes to a symbol)

vw gives me the odd error 

[ This tool belongs top module xxx, which is not installed on this computer ]

I have Landmark 2012, working in 2D and symbol is just a simple object and I have both records settings unticked.

Another of @Pat Stanford 's great scripts!  It's nice that an old script can be remembered, located and that it functions as it should!  And great that it could solve a problem for @unearthed .

10 hours ago, unearthed said:

Modify > Convert > Replace with symbol

. . .

[ This tool belongs top module xxx, which is not installed on this computer ]

This command actually does function to replace selection of any (almost?) type of object(s) with an instance of symbol at center of each selected object. At least in newer versions. I never saw that error message before.  Maybe earlier versions of the command needed special settings or were not available in Landmark module? or need some workspace customization.

Might be worth testing in a new blank file. Create a symbol and several objects.  Select the objects and invoke the Modify>Convert>Replace with symbol command. Error might be related to some condition in the project file rather than the command.

-B

• Like 1