line type scale

Danilo

Question

7 answers to this question

Normally the line type, marker and other Scale options in the VP Advanced Props dialog only affect corresponding  design layer objects visible in the VP. Annotations are not affected by these advanced property settings  

I think the Advanced Property scale settings are intended as ways to adjust the display when VP scale is hugely different than the design layer(s) it is showing. 

-B

9 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Normally the line type, marker and other Scale options in the VP Advanced Props dialog only affect corresponding  design layer objects visible in the VP. Annotations are not affected by these advanced property settings  

I think the Advanced Property scale settings are intended as ways to adjust the display when VP scale is hugely different than the design layer(s) it is showing. 

-B

It doesn't look to me like @Danilo is talking about annotations - they talk about line types 'in' the viewport.

@line-weight Right. I couldn’t tell from OP whether the problem is DL objects or VP annotation objects.  Hence my essay about intent and function of those scale options.  Let’s ask for some clarification:

@Danilo could you please elaborate a bit? Are you trying to adjust line type scale of objects in the VP annotation space? Or design layer objects shown in the VP?  Can you post a file here or a screen shot showing the problem.

-B

Hey @line-weight and @Benson Shaw, sorry I lost track of this thread. The problem is in the VP. See the attached screenshots. It looks like the Line Type Scale in the Advanced Viewport Properties does not change those line types that have circles, intersecting lines or text as part of the graphic style. First image shows Line Type Scale at 1. Second image shows Line Type Scale at 0.5 where dashed lines are showing a change (green boxes) but the others not affected (red boxes).

What gives?

1146294493_Screenshot2019-12-1609_32_14.thumb.png.35c479b151948d1b618aa7b491187fe1.png2031170590_Screenshot2019-12-1609_32_36.thumb.png.8b30fcedbc4457ac2752d5d730f95d87.png

Ahhh, yes, I can confirm that Advanced Properties do not affect the line styles that have text or geometry.

Here's my workaround.  There may be others.

1.  Make two new classes:

A.  GasLine Orig

B.  GasLine Small (or Large, or .5.  or 1:50, or logical

(note - avoid name conflict with the Gas Line line type definition)

2.  Assign the orig Design Layer gas line object to GasLine Orig.

3.  In the Resource Manager, find the line type definition for Gas Line and duplicate it.

4.  Rename the dupe, eg Gas Line Small.

5.  Edit the Gas Line Small geometry:

A.  Select/adjust the text object size.

B.  Select/adjust lines on either side of the text box.

6.  On the drawing DL:

A.  Duplicate the orig Gas Line object (class is GasLine Orig)

B.  Assign the duplicate to the new line type Gas Line Small.

C.  Assign the new gas line object to class GasLine Small   Edit this is redundant step B

D.  Hide the class GasLine Small

7.  On the drawing SLVP> Select the Viewport>Class list and make two overrides as needed:

A. Hide GasLine Orig

B. Show GasLine Small

Whew!  That's a hassle, but it does the trick.  Might be refinements with text styles applied to the class definition.

Unless I'm completely missing the obvious way to do this (not unlikely), consider adding a wish for better VP control of these geometry and text line types.

HTH

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
name conflict, etc
  • Like 2