Data Manager Worksheet Issues

David Poiron

Question

I have been testing the data manager, adding our own record format to doors. I have a few issues / comments to share:

1. In the data manager, there is no direct list editing, which seems odd since the data manager and direct list editing are both new to v2020.

2. In the OIP where we are using a field set to "pop-up", a "-" shows as a separator line which works well. But in a worksheet the pop-up at the top of the window and at the cell level only show the dash and not the separator line. See attached.

3. We applied the record in the data manager to the door object type with some doors already in the file. To be able to change the value of a cell in the worksheet you have to make a selection in the OIP first, or the worksheet selection does not seem to stick - this takes a lot of extra time and defeats the purpose.

4. If a door is selected and showing information in the OIP, changing a cell in the worksheet for that door does not update the same field in the OIP unless you deselect and reselect the door (change is not updated in real time).

5. As an aside, in the data manager, what is difference between Door and Door CW?

pop-up.png

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

It seems to me, it will be better to have a simple example file attached, so I would be able to examine this closely. Now, to your questions:

1 - We plan to change that for SP3;

2 - Here an example will be of a great help;

3 - Except the need of an example file, as I don't know the content of the worksheets you mention, I'm not sure I understand this "you have to make a selection in the OIP first, or the worksheet selection does not seem to stick" - please, clarify with more details;

4 - Actually, the change happens in real-time, but the object(s) needs to be reset to show the change. OK, understood.

5 - Door is the plug-in object that comes with the English version of Vectorworks. Door CW is a plug-in object that replaces Door in the localized version for DACH-countries;

Best Regards,

Mihail Rizov

On 11/6/2019 at 6:49 PM, David Poiron said:

2. In the OIP where we are using a field set to "pop-up", a "-" shows as a separator line which works well. But in a worksheet the pop-up at the top of the window and at the cell level only show the dash and not the separator line. See attached.

Yes, in OIP the "-" is treated as separator, but in worksheets it is just a value.

Hi David,

As I promised, I asked about your question and here is the answer:

"The menu style used in worksheets does not support separators. But this is an improvement we could consider for a future version.

Hugues Tsafak

Director of Product Development"

36 minutes ago, David Poiron said:

In the forum, does the moderator file a bug as noted in the know issues forum?

It seems to be hit or miss, as I've seen multiple posts where a VW employee directs someone to post the bug report.  I've also seen some posts where the VW employee takes care of it directly.  To be sure it's happening,  I think you need to do it yourself.  They also don't make it easy to find the bug report form.  With a little google help:

https://www.vectorworks.net/support/bugsubmit

The link for the Bug Submit form should be at the bottom of the forum page. I have submitted this particular issue to our engineering team. You can refer to the following case number for updates:  VB-166583

Thanks!

• Like 1