Walls Visibility Error in OpenGL

Kohli

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm facing this somewhat exceptionally strange occurring in VW 2019. Im Using wall tool to create my walls and they appear just fine in the 2D mode but the moment I go to 3D OpenGL 'I can' see walls which are in 2d/3d symbols but not otherwise. Further, if i hover around the supposed position of the wall, it even highlights and I can select them, but cant make them visible. Any suggestions why?

I have attached the file just in case.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.57.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.56.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.56.35 PM.png

MysteriousWalls.vwx

3 answers to this question

I had a similar problem yesterday. Open GL render was OK with walls until I switched on textures in the Open GL options. With textures on, I could see everything except the walls even though I'd not added textures to anything. Once I added a texture to the walls, then they showed up. Is this normal?

@Scott Crane Everything looks perfect now!! Thanks for your help!!

@gfp38 Ive had similiar problems in the past.. after playing around a lot, I still find adding texture to the walls very complicated. One way I could deal with it is, make class for each component. In the wall settings, assign the classes to each component and choose to apply texture by class. Then for each component, you can apply textures through its class properties. Let me know if this works, or you find a better way.