Section-Elevation Marker

AlanW

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm not yet on vw2020 Alan and not on vw atm to check but pretty sure that on previous versions this indicated if the section marker was linked to a viewport or not. Green is linked, red is not linked. The little link symbol doesn't print.

Edited by Boh
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how to make the section marker tool link to a viewport.   I have a very simple drawing with a few elevations so it is all 2D drawing.   I want to link the section marker to the 2D wall section viewport on another sheet.

With the detail callout tool there is an option to link the callout to a viewport.  This option doesn't seem to exist for the section marker tool.  Which makes me wonder why they bother showing whether it is linked on not.

Make sure it is indeed a section marker object and not a "section line". Section Lines are for live 3d sections. If you ungroup them they turn into section marker objects. You can link section markers through the OIP in the same way you can Detail Markers.

image.thumb.png.92122180d29bfd7b4c8e40f6a4e6047a.png

• Like 2

Boh thanks for your answer I just tried it and worked as you said.
I think it is a little confusing that what is labelled in the Dim/Notes tool pallete as "Section-Elevation Marker Tool"  creates a section line and you have to ungroup it to actually make a Section Elevation Marker.  

• Like 1