export panoramic

neal-2002

Question

Im having issues where exporting my panoramic as white card render with sketch line added just isn't working, its only rendering the jpg as the current view and not the entire 360 view

..also doing the same under artistic renderworks

And the old QT panoramic just isn't working either, just writes Zero Bytes...

- so now I have no alternative for lined 3d 360's - spent all afternoon messing with this.. - all i want is a quick and dirty 360 image to show clients options and not having to render in best quality and then convert to B&W..

Also

saving Panoramics locally - opening 'index.html'  DO NOT open under the following browsers on my osX 10.13.6 - (ive moved back from 10.14 due to VW2020 being too slow and using up all the memory with far too many beachballs.....)

Safari

Firefox

Chrome

Brave

or Chromium!!

osX 10.13.6

Edited by neal-2002

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, neal-2002 said:

Im having issues where exporting my panoramic as white card render with sketch line added just isn't working, its only rendering the jpg as the current view and not the entire 360 view

..also doing the same under artistic renderworks

And the old QT panoramic just isn't working either, just writes Zero Bytes...

- so now I have no alternative for lined 3d 360's - spent all afternoon messing with this.. - all i want is a quick and dirty 360 image to show clients options and not having to render in best quality and then convert to B&W..

Also

saving Panoramics locally - opening 'index.html'  DO NOT open under the following browsers on my osX 10.13.6 - (ive moved back from 10.14 due to VW2020 being too slow and using up all the memory with far too many beachballs.....)

Safari

Firefox

Chrome

Brave

or Chromium!!

osX 10.13.6

Hi Neal

If you would like to submit this to the UK Technical Support team, they will do their best to help you. uktech@vectorworks.net. They will need example files and the spec of your system.

• Like 1

Thanks Tamsin - I've emailed the files to uktech...Ive realised Ive had these issues before and I've just always ended up using VW2016 with the Quicktime perspective (but i don't haver that versions anymore.)

Is no one else having any issues with exporting panoramics with Artistic/lines under MacOS on VW2019 & 2020??!

Its either not saving the whole 360 image (only the screen view),

Panorama2.thumb.jpg.f383f11753d0efda18343f983bea6c7b.jpg

its saving the image with skewed perspective

Panorama3.thumb.jpg.cf5b5f58479e26ed13dbd9a7f890ad39.jpg

or even worse

the lines all coming from centre of image (using artistic render) see attached - this is under VW 2019 & VW 2020 and I've tried 2 different macs - with same effect.Panorama.thumb.jpg.3bc07be988c7d5bf0bfdc35f418b10e4.jpg

Edited by neal-2002
for clarity
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thanks Neal. The team has your file and is doing some testing. I have a feeling this may be something to do with the way the Maxon engine handles the artistic edges, but we will come back and confirm for you.

If you remove the sketchy edges from the Renderworks style, you will get a 360 panorama without the issues you are seeing.

QuicktimeVR functionality was discontinued by Apple in Quicktime v 7 and that is why it is no longer available in the Vectorworks software.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link to fixing safari & firefox for using panoramas locally - didn't come up in my search as its related to web views (but its the same issue) so I've attached the link here to help anyone else (or me in a few years)..

Quicktime panoramas - makes sense - i probably used it last on an older osX - pre sierra.

Tamsin - thanks for the quick response.

Export Panos hack for lines in rendered image - export at highest def and when VW has completed the quick openGL lined pre-image, resave it elsewhere as a copy - good enough for what I need at moment/alternatively overlay image with finalised white card render to improve image lighting..