Spotlight Numbering Issues

JLitterio

Question

Working in Spotlight 2020 SP1.  When using the spotlight numbering, I run into the following issues.

1) DMX address field is missing.  I can only pick the User Address Field which is labeled as "Address" in the numbering dialog.

2) Vectorworks Locks up and becomes non responsive when checking the Universe Field to use in Numbering

3) When trying to Re-address a address field, the numbering will continue to go up from the last known address instead of restarting at the number I choose. 

Tried this on multiple files as well as new. Multiple restarts of Program and machine.

Windows 10 Pro

Dell Precision 3530

Intel Core i7-8850H 2.60GHz

32 GB RAM

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

On 11/1/2019 at 9:43 PM, JLitterio said:

Working in Spotlight 2020 SP1.  When using the spotlight numbering, I run into the following issues.

1) DMX address field is missing.  I can only pick the User Address Field which is labeled as "Address" in the numbering dialog.

2) Vectorworks Locks up and becomes non responsive when checking the Universe Field to use in Numbering

3) When trying to Re-address a address field, the numbering will continue to go up from the last known address instead of restarting at the number I choose. 

Tried this on multiple files as well as new. Multiple restarts of Program and machine.

Windows 10 Pro

Dell Precision 3530

Intel Core i7-8850H 2.60GHz

32 GB RAM

Just gonna say that 2019 files opened in 2020 are behaving unpredictably. I have had problems mirroring & numbering objects. The mirror, with 2019 objects in the file, sends 180 degrees from intent and many many units away.  The numbering seems to have no rhyme or reason.