DWG on Elevation View

Hi All,

Is there anyway in import or place a DWG onto an elevation view (front, back etc.)?  I'm working in the Architecture plugin but I believe this is a more general issue.  My main objective is too overlay an AutoCAD elevation drawing onto my front, back, left and right views so I can double check the window sizes and roof pitches.  Every time I bring in the CAD drawing it defaults to the X-plane/my slab work plane.  Thank you!

Guest Wes Gardner

@e_calabrese...the Import  function WILL bring the file in on the layer plane but you should be able to rotate it up into a "side" view that should give you an elevation.  DO NOT reference the .dwg, just import it...Once you bring the information in, it'll probably be a whole bunch of lines.  Just Group them all then you'll be able to rotate them up into an elevation.

You can also use a "shuttle file" approach where you import the .dwg into a standard Vectorworks file, whereupon this becomes the shuttle file and then save and close that. Then REFERENCE that shuttle file into your working file.  This avoids all the extraneous classes/ACad layers in your working file.