Image Effects

LauraCB

I'm playing around with rendering in 3D with render works having only used it for flat elevations with hidden line settings before. This has created lots of questions that looking through previous posts I have managed to find answer to. However a couple of quick ones that I am still struggling with:

- The viewport image effects enabled with 2019 does not appear in the obj info even when the viewports is updated. Not sure how to access this?

- The surface hatches only appear with hidden line turned on, but not the edge style with a render works style. Is there a way to get these surface hatches to show as part of the edge style? The hidden line is far too clunky for a render but not sure how else to show the panelling in the wall texture?

I'm not sure I completely understand, but...

1. With a rendered SLVP selected, the Image Effects button should be active in the OIP. however, I don't think when you go back it shows the adjustments, just that you can further adjust. That would be a VE, if I have this all correct.

2. Hatches do not render in Renderworks, BUT you can assign a texture AND a Hatch. So, if you have Knotty Pine wall paneling you can create a texture for modeling, and then assign a hatch in the Texture Definition, with vertical lines for hidden line renders.

• Like 1