Wall Fills and Hatches in Section Viewport Annotations

I am trying to detail out a project, and have come across an issue which is problematic.  Most people in VW -land seem to do a lot of drawing in annotations.  However, I noticed that walls do not have hatches or fills in section viewports, which makes detailing multi-component assemblies in the annotations layer rather difficult. 

I understand that the vertical elements can be modeled as multi-component walls.  (but walls can't tilt)  And the sloping elements can be modeled as roof faces.  How do people represent these sorts of things? Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?  If not, it would be useful to have multi-component 2d objects that join like walls do. 

TEST FILE.vwx 

This is an example of what walls look like in the annotations layer of a section viewport.

459756309_ScreenShot2019-10-28at12_11_56PM.thumb.png.4e19487c3b9ab13047a10894efab47a0.png

Edited by cberg
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @cberg,

This looks to be a display issue when using a Navigation Graphics setting of "Best Performance". Switching to a Navigation Graphics mode other than that should allow you to see the component fills. However, I believe the fills will print and export correctly regardless of the Navigation Graphics setting.