Polygon Paint Bucket Doesn't Work in Section VPs

willofmaine

Question

Oh no!!  It seems that in Vectorworks 2020, the Polygon Paint Bucket (the "2D Polygon Tool: Inner Boundary Mode") does nothing in Section Viewports?...  In Vectorworks 2018 and all previous versions, it works fine, where I've used it extensively to "punch" my building elevations.  PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Or, if I'm missing something, let me know what it is...).  VWIS173

12 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm not able to reproduce this. I created a simple section which looks at some walls, doors and Windows, and I have been able to use the Polygon tool in Inner Boundary Mode without any problem.

I had another customer who reported a similar problem. When I examined the file, it turned out that his geometry was a huge distance from the internal origin in the file. Once the geometry was cleaned up (there were plenty of things in the file that were a huge distance from the model itself and were not required in the file at all - we deleted them) and centered (we used TOols > Origin > Center Drawing on Internal Origin), the tool behaved perfectly.

Hi Tamsin,

In both of the above attached files, the user and internal origins are coincident, and the geometry straddles 0,0.  In the VW 2018 file (using VW 2018...), the Polygon Tool > Inner Boundary works as expected.  In the VW 2020 file, nothing happens.  Not even a spinning beach ball like it's trying to do something.  Both of these files were created from scratch using the "blank document" option in their respective versions of Vectorworks.

Thanks!

Hi Tony,

I'm using 2020 SP1, build 512839.

This issue also seems to apply to the Outer Boundary Mode as well.  Vertex mode is fine.

And for both the Inner and Outer Boundary Modes, it seems to apply both for objects drawn directly in the viewport's annotations space, as well as for geometry that's on the design layer and rendered in the viewport.

Thanks!

Edited by willofmaine
43 minutes ago, Tamsin Slatter said:

It's working perfectly for me in your file. Not sure what else to suggest.

Tamsin, which version of OSX are you currently running (is your signature correct)? It doesn't work for me here in VW2020 but it does work in VW2019. I am running 10.13.6 which is the same as willofmaine. It may be an OS compatibility issue.

Kevin