Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Force class of nested objects in symbols and groups?

grant_PD

Is there a simple script that will force the class of symbols and groups?  

For instance, I've pulled in a stool (class: Furniture-main) from a VW resource library.  I want to use this stool for my band plots, which would put it in the class: Tech-Band Equip.  I can change the symbols class but unless I go through both the 2d and the 3d children of this symbol, I will have a class I don't want or use residing under the surface of my symbol.  I'd like to be able to just switch it all over to my new class in one fell swoop.

4 minutes ago, grant_PD said:

Is there a simple script that will force the class of symbols and groups?  

For instance, I've pulled in a stool (class: Furniture-main) from a VW resource library.  I want to use this stool for my band plots, which would put it in the class: Tech-Band Equip.  I can change the symbols class but unless I go through both the 2d and the 3d children of this symbol, I will have a class I don't want or use residing under the surface of my symbol.  I'd like to be able to just switch it all over to my new class in one fell swoop.

Not a script solution, but if you don't use Furniture-Main in your drawing you can delete the class and choose the class to put the objects into...... it can be a quick way to reset classes in symbols.

Kevin

You MAY want to consider resetting your Saved Settings. It appears that at some point you checked the Always do the selected action box on this dialog.

image.thumb.png.9e3142f545dd181d05f7a4b818324894.png

I say MAY because there is not way to restore only a chosen option. You have to reset everything to factory defaults and then recheck the Always button in the ones you want.

Since I rarely check the Always button I end up dismissing more dialog boxes than I would like, but I get more options in cases like this. When I change the class of a group I get my choice. It does not work on Symbols though.