Education watermark

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Rob Books said:

Support will remove the watermark from a particular number of student files, not sure on the number.  reach out to them to have this done.

Just like Vectorworks, support can remove the watermark from files when a student graduates and moves from a educational version to a professional version of Vision.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@mharvey The previous educational watermark was inadequate and could be easily cropped out.

We found some users were abusing the educational version and making screen recordings and cropping out the watermark.

Because the purpose of Vision is to provide real time rendering on screen we could not just watermark prints and exports like Vectorworks we needed to always apply the watermark to the screen at all times.

During beta testing we made many adjustments to the watermark in order to make the watermark visible but not obtrusive.

Can you post a screenshot of your project? We found that the look of the watermark can vary depending on your settings and scene.

@klinzey  Thank you for your reply. What a shame that a few bad apples have to ruin it for those of us who appreciate what we have and use it accordingly.

Here is the screenshot. It seems very intrusive to me, and looks much more pronounced on my screen than in this capture. Perhaps I need to adjust some settings.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Watermark.thumb.JPG.7b15784cebb2ba50ba83041fb6deb7fd.JPG