Line Thickness on PDF Export

Hi

Since the first launch of VW 2019, I've been facing problems with the line thickness when exporting my sheet layers to PDF. I looked for some posts about this topic but never arrived at a concrete solution.

I discovered that when I change the "Line Weight Scale" on the advanced options panel of my viewports I no longer have the thickness issue on my sheets, you can compare it with the images below.

I want to know if there's any way to configure this value but as a document preference instead of going viewport by viewport. I found something similar on the Document Preference window but with design layers (also image attached below). In fact, I took the value criteria from here to modify my VPS line weight scale and worked perfectly.

Different Lines Weight Scales from low to high:

2106016496_72DPI-025pt.thumb.png.8c28233283d0dd9f6a6c691395a6fc7f.png1278936328_72DPI-05pt.thumb.png.bf276a2b26fc4a1da6f13f063eb4ea16.png76675483_72DPI-1pt.thumb.png.a46ce8fb09a1f5b3edfab60172044406.png1727004013_DocumentPreferences.thumb.png.069bd974ef879cc001116a5e0223997a.png646907197_AdvancedPropertiesVP.thumb.png.81c6b2d683775ef769b7ddd883546a12.png

hace 1 hora, markdd dijo:

What scale do you use on your design layers and what scale to you normally set on your sheet layer viewports?

For design layers, I use 1:50. My viewports containing lighting instruments go from 1:50 to 1:80. I try no to go higher than this otherwise my label legends go really small and are unreadable on ISO A3 (I always print on this page size)
Sometimes I use 1:100 or higher (1:200, 300, etc) for viewports used like "maps" showing big areas of the stage or venue.

If your design layers are at 1:50 and your output is at 1:50 then you should see the same lineweights in the Viewport. If the "printed" output is different from what you are seeing on the screen, make sure that you have Zoom Lineweights toggled ON (Vwx Preferences or Mode bar quick preferences button). That way you will see on the screenwhat you are going to get in the printed output.

If you are not happy with the lineweights then it would be better to change them on the design layer using Classes etc. You could also use Class Overrides in the Sheet Layer Viewports as well, but that is more complex.....

The Scale Linewights options are a quick way to scale up or down all Page based items like lineweights in a viewport, and are primarily designed to be used when you are scaling from say a 1:50 design layer to a 1:100 Sheet Layer Viewport. In this instance you would probably put a scale value of 0.5.

Hope that's of use!

hace 29 minutos, markdd dijo:

If your design layers are at 1:50 and your output is at 1:50 then you should see the same lineweights in the Viewport. If the "printed" output is different from what you are seeing on the screen, make sure that you have Zoom Lineweights toggled ON (Vwx Preferences or Mode bar quick preferences button). That way you will see on the screenwhat you are going to get in the printed output.

The images I post are from a document using the scales you mention and with the Zoom Line Weights toggled OFF (means no big lines each time you zoom in, which is the default configuration). If I do not modify the Line Weight Scale (leaving default = 1), I will always get the Line Weight showed in the third picture.

hace 31 minutos, markdd dijo:

If you are not happy with the lineweights then it would be better to change them on the design layer using Classes etc.

Line Thickness on classes are set between 0,03 and 0,04 so this shouldn't be a problem.

hace 32 minutos, markdd dijo:

The Scale Linewights options are a quick way to scale up or down all Page based items like lineweights in a viewport, and are primarily designed to be used when you are scaling from say a 1:50 design layer to a 1:100 Sheet Layer Viewport. In this instance you would probably put a scale value of 0.5.

Feeling this is the only way to have a decent output...