"VCSLOGIN not in plugins folder"

E|FA

Question

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The reason why this could be happening is an old workspace that's left over from a previous version.
I would make sure that you are using one of the default workspaces that come with Vectorworks 2020. If you are using an old modified workspace you can edit it with the workspace editor to remove the login menu command.

Thanks. I have a heavily modified workspace, so rebuilding from scratch would be a real pain and waste of time.  I removed the VCSlogin item from the cloud menu.  

Will anything break now that I removed it?   

Was this a menu item that was removed from 2020?  If so, it is not shown in the list of  “removed menu items (legacy)” in the workspace editor. 

This menu item was removed in 2020, so nothing will break now that you have removed it from your workspace. The sign in is now done through the Vectorworks sign in (in the top right corner). If you try to use any of the Cloud menu commands without being signed in, the sign in dialog will appear. I will follow up as to why it is not on the legacy list. Thank you!

• Like 1

Hello,

I just wanted to post what I found out as to why the VCS Log in command is not shown in the list of  “removed menu items (legacy)” in the workspace editor.

The reason is that the menu command was completely removed from the application, not just removed from the workspaces. The commands listed in the legacy list are still physically existing in Vectorworks and can be re-added to the workspaces if desired. In this case, the VCS Log in command was not going to be functional at all, if left in the application, therefore it was removed entirely.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova