dark mode not so much

jnr

Question

9 answers to this question

I have similar problems with other Apps Dark Modes.

For me your screenshot looks definitely not good but readable.

I have the same Problem on Windows with another App..

I can't read selected Text in the App,

but my screenshot to Support also looks much less worse !

Edited by zoomer

It's worse in person. screenshots don't account for contrast ratios in one's workspace. Basically even though I'm in a dark room, you can't read it. Simple answer is to change it to white text. This is not the only menu. Better question is why is this not vetted when testing? Don't have this issue with other dark mode apps (like adobe).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jnr said:

Not all of us have great eyesight. How am I supposed to read file names? On screen is almost impossible to see. Does anyone beta test this stuff? 

238414566_Screenshot2019-10-2312_09_55.thumb.png.f7b2f70b4e1ef27d63ed75b67097639e.png

Eye have to agree. This change to a dark work space, although desired, haas not been executed as well as it should have been. Contrast ratios are off all over the GUI. A more considered use of color and grey tones would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mjm
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, JuanP said:

I will report this issue. However, how about changing the Highlight color in the system preferences? System preferences>General that might help.

@JuanP—the issue is much broader than the highlight color, which tho it may solve this issue on these sheets, may introduce other issues elsewhere. Additionally there are many GUI issues beyond highlighting, and here's just one…with a dark mode suggestion.

Also, I edited post to show the same OIP sheet in white background. 

OIP+revision.png

OIP-light background.png

Edited by mjm
  • Like 1

Alan I’m beginning to think it’s more of a curse 🙂 . As for dark mode, You’re really not missing anything.  Icon graphics are not fully resolved ( lousy contrast), menus difficult to read,  text inexplicably black in a dark background.  It’s as bad as an early version of autocad.

• Like 1