Class attributes not showing on generic solids

Hi

I'm stumped by whats going on here. The frame below was made from extrudes with a yellow coloured class. The grey beams were also extrudes with the same class until the stitch & trim tool was used. When selected the object info pane still reports them as generic solids and still have the yellow class, however its not showing up in open GL. Changing the class doesn't make a difference, they stay a stubborn grey colour. The small curved object involved in the stitch and trim operation had a different class (brown).

Why can't I change the grey objects attributes? (use at creation is selected)

Screenshot (83).png

Did you resolve this? In your screenshot the selection is one of the short yellow objects. Can you select a grey object? Verify it’s kin the yellow class and that class definition enables “Use at creation”. If the selection is a generic solid it should respond to either class color or to attributes palette setting.

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of these class issues recently (nested source objects differing from containers). When you say "stitch & trim" which command are you using? "Stitch & trim" is technically a command for working with NURBS surfaces so I suspect its not that. I'm wondering if there's a solids history bug of some sort.

Are you able to post an example file?

Kevin

Hi Folks

So I sometimes use the stitch and trim tool from the 3d power pack (out of laziness?)  It was used to check out the large timbers to the shape of the small grey former.  The grey objects are reading as generic solids with the correct class and use at creation is selected (has been since the creation of the class).  Still stumped.

Edited by Scook