drelARCH

VW 2020 changing type of Keynote Display causing app to crash

Question

Changing Keynote Display from dotted one to not dotted crash whole application.

I would like to use/convert dotted Keynote legend (from 2019 vw file) to new not dotted one but it is crashing software.

Known bug?

Pavol

Snímka obrazovky 2019-10-23 o 13.05.35.png

Snímka obrazovky 2019-10-23 o 13.05.42.png

11 answers to this question

@drelARCH I couldn't replicate your issue, chances are is file specific. Any chance you can send us your file via private message for testing?

I have successfully uploaded file through provided upload link.

Hope you can replicate issues. 

Thanks.

4 hours ago, drelARCH said:

Hope you can replicate issues.

I was able to replicate it. We submitted the issue VB-166051. A couple of findings: 1- Seems like is file specific, I can't replicate the issue in new files. 2 - Changing the Buble Display setting to By Callout fixes the issue. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 2.17.24 PM.png

will keep you posted

May I add to this post with a similar issue?

I am seeing Keynote Legends behaving strangely - on my laptop AND PC. See attached file.

When I edit the keynotes, or any edits that relate to them, they grow very large. I have to "update" them, but the Note Text Indent jumps to a large number. I cannot replicate it purposely. It just happens.

I've updated my drivers, what's up with this? VW2020 has been a bit unstable and it's frustrating.

Screenshot 2019-12-01 18.23.29.png

Screenshot 2019-12-02 10.39.07.png

Hello Lee,

Could you provide test file and/or record a video. I need more information to be able to check what is behind this issue.

Thanks.

Just to add to the above; we are seeing the same issue with keynotes displaying exceptionally large following any adjustment to the note database or adding/removing callouts in a viewport in VW 2020 Sp2. I find that if i adjust the 'note text indent' on the keynote back to a reasonable value (ie. 5mm) it corrects all the values. Happens every time you adjust notes / callouts. Very frustrating

• Like 1

Hi JPM,

I tried to reproduce the behavior described above with new and old files but with no success. Maybe this is file specific bug and I can't find where the problem is if I don't have your files and steps to reproduce.

@iborisov Sent you my file via private message. Can i also note that this file also demonstrates an issue I have raised with roof face components in a separate thread. Thanks

2 hours ago, iborisov said:

Hi JPM,

I tried to reproduce the behavior described above with new and old files but with no success. Maybe this is file specific bug and I can't find where the problem is if I don't have your files and steps to reproduce.

@iborisov, I checked it with two recent files. It behaves the same when modifying a keynote.

Here is a link to a video. I'll upload the video later in case this link doesn't work or stops working.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JR239xHhQs6JmSDD6